Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if my team has been accepted?
Your registration fee will only be processed if you are accepted, and you will receive an e-mail confirming that you have been accepted and that your payment has been successfully processsed.
Can I register my team to play up in an older age group?
Yes - during registration you may select an older age group than the current age group of your team. Please note that you may be contacted by the tournament organizers to confirm that the selection was intentiional and not a mistake.
Only credit card or e-checks seem to be allowed for registration - is it possible to pay using cash?
Registration is set-up for online payments. If you wish to make alternative arrangements please contact our administrator. PLEASE NOTE: Any cash payments would need to be paid in person, before the close of registration (otherwise your team would be waitlisted).
Does my team need to have a GotSoccer account to register for this tournament?
Yes - if your team DOES NOT currently have a GotSoccer account you can open a new account at the following address: https://www.gotsport.com/asp/teams/register.asp
PLEASE NOTE: A GotSport account cannot be used to register for this tournament.
I just missed the registration deadline, but my team wants to play, what should I do?
You can still register for the tournament, but all teams that register after the deadline will be wait-listed. If there is a suitable opening in a bracket, a wait-listed team will be accepted (after processing the registration fee). A wait-listed team may be contacted to see if they would accept playing in a different bracket, or in an older age group.
How do I add a player to my GotSoccer roster?
1. Login to your GotSoccer team account that you used to register for the tournament
2. On your team accounts home page there is an “Event Application History” list on the right hand side.
3. Look for the event you have registered for and click on the “No” or “Yes” under the “Roster” column for this event - this will take you to the roster page.
4. If you clicked on “No” under the “Roster” column for the event you registered for, you first need to generate your event roster:
4.1 You will see your team’s “Current Active Roster”, but this is not the same as your roster for the event.
4.2 In “Roster Creator” box, you can either:
4.3 Copy the roster from another event into this one (by selecting an roster from another event you entered and pressing the “Copy” button OR
4.4 You can hit the “Generate Roster” button (blue letters), this copies the roster from your “Current Active Roster”.
4.5 “You’ve now created your roster FOR THIS EVENT”.
5. If you are this far, you already had, or have just created, a roster for the event. Now, looking at your roster page, if your roster is not locked down for event guest players, you will see a button “Add Guest Player” (green letters). Use this to search for a guest player by name/age, or by GotSoccer ID. If the candidate guest player is not on another team entered into GotSoccer there is no way to add this player to your roster, they must be listed on a team in GotSoccer.
When I print my tournament roster my guest players are not inluded - how do I fix this?
1. When you login to your team account, in the team’s “Event Application History” box, for the event you registered for, under “Roster”, it shows ‘No’. This means that a roster has not officially been created for the tournament.
2. Click on that “No” under the roster for the tournament - this takes you to the roster page BUT the “Current Active Roster” is NOT the same as the tournament roster.
3. Click on “Generate Roster” button in the “Roster Creator” box. It will ask you if you want to generate a roster from the current player list. Click OK.
4. When you do this it will insert a tournament roster list above the Current Active Roster, but your guests will not be on it yet. THEN scroll down to the Current Active Roster and click on the “add guest” button next to each guest player. It will add them to the tournament roster directly above this one.
5. The roster printout will now include guest players.
My club administrator has locked my roster: how can I add guest players for the tournament?
Contact your club administrator and see if your roster can be unlocked - this is the best solution to this problem. If this is NOT POSSIBLE the alternative solution is as follows:
1. Create a brand new account – new login, new password – for your team in GotSoccer. Feel free to use the same club and team name as your club account if you like. Fill in your roster however you like, because you have FULL CONTROL of this account and roster.
2. Using this new team account, you will need to register again for the tournament. To avoid being billed for this new team, please contact our administrator (
firstname.lastname@example.org) before regsitering via your new tournament account.
3. We will accept your new team without payment, and swap out your old team for your new. You will have the same game schedule, only the team account you used will change.
4. PLEASE NOTE: You will not be able to transfer your GotSoccer points from the newly created account to your primary team account
Are guest players required to have player cards?
Yes. During online check-in you will need upload player cards and medical releases for all of your players, including guest players. If you have a guest player that needs a player card you should contact your club administrator, or registar, to confirm how you can apply for a tournamment card (how long it takes, how much it costs, documents needed, etc).
Can a player card from a previous seasonal soccer year be used for check-in (not currently valid)?
No. Player cards must be valid at the time of the tournament, as any insurance provided by the soccer association that issued the card expires at the end of the seasonal year the card was issued.
I coach more than one team - how can I make sure that I do not have schedule conflicts?
To minimize game conflicts, coaches with multiple teams should ensure that the name of the listed coach in GotSoccer is IDENTICAL for all of their teams. The tournament organizers will work to minimize coaching conflicts but may not be able to avoid all conflicts. Coaches assigned to a large number teams (3 or more), should consider contacting the tournament organizers to set priorities for their potential game conflicts.
When will the schedule for the tournament be issued?
The schedule will be issued as soon as possible after registration has closed. Typically the schedule is published about 5 days before the tournament starts.